Here you can see one picture which is very popular at the moment.
A wall is covered with used plastic bottles out of which plants are growing.As we do have simple boring concrete walls we thought "thats it", and started to make our own bottle wall.
Indeed it was very difficult to find instructions, or a method to get a slight idea how to do it best.
Now we just tried few methods and here is our hanger method :
- We took water bottles so we did not need to think about some sugar particles from soft drinks , which could start fungi
- Next step is to make holes at the bottem of the bottles,we used a nail and a pin for big and small holes.
- now cut out a square entrance on the top: dont cut too deep, otherwise you cannot fill enough soil
- Make a hole at the bottom of the bottle on both sides, up and down
- now you can fix the bottles together with a string
- be sure that you hang them togehther in a way that they are level
- fill with soil, plant herbs and flowers of your choice
- and hang on a place where you want to cover empty walls
- win more green nature
In this way you reuse plastic and plant some more living plants on this earth !
Next time you prepare salad for dinner you can enjoy fresh herbs from your new "garden" ... :)